Guest Blog by Chef Andy B
Are you having friends over for dinner and would like to outsource the catering?
Heading off on a staycation and looking for someone else to organise the meal planning, prep and cooking?
Why not book a Private Chef?
Our Guest blogger this week is Chef Andy B.
I am an enthusiastic, highly creative and innovative chef combining exceptional people skills with 21 years experience in the Catering and Private Household industry. I am committed to achieving and exceeding demanding targets and objectives, playing a fundamental role in the success of any workplace.
I enjoy both being part of a team and working independently and excel in the effective supervision of all sections of a thriving kitchen environment, achieving consistency in terms of portion size and presentation and exceeding guest expectations.
An imaginative thinker, with the ability to create dishes which stand out and can accommodate a diverse range of menu options with varying cultural preferences.
My career has taken me all over the world and I have worked in some incredible places. This has included catering for The Royal Box at Ascot Racecourse, Head Chef at Gallery Mess Chelsea, Private Chef for film stars, musicians and sports professionals and working with some of the greatest chefs in the world.
Below is a selection from my Autumn/Winter 2020 menu.
- Quail egg with golden salt wrapped in smoked salmon served on toasted brioche
- Teriyaki-cured salmon, winter slaw and horseradish crisp-breads
- Seared Scallop marinated with coriander and lime, ponzu dressing
- Teriyaki beef fillet skewers, sesame crust, and wasabi mayo
- Venison Carpaccio with artichoke rocket and olive tapenade
- Coronation chicken beignet, spiced mango purée & coriander
- Shropshire Mini truffle mac and cheese with crispy shallots
- Acorn squash risotto, gorgonzola in a Parmesan cornet & chestnut
- Cornish red mullet with crab risotto and Kombo
- Tandoori monkfish cheeks, charred sweetcorn ,finger lime, coconut, crispy onion, pickled chilli
- Honey Glazed quail breast Confit shallot, endive, medjool dates with Jus
- Poached Guinea fowl with butternut squash puree and savoy cabbage with shaved truffles
- Baby heritage carrots with dehydrated grapes, yoghurt gel, and herb puree with vadouvan crumb
- Gorgonzola & Walnut Filled Cannelloni, saluted wild Mushrooms, Swiss chard and Celery Cream
- Pan fried turbot with squid Ink Crumb, globe artichoke and pickled samphire with herb emulsion
- Brown butter-baked haddock with braised fennel, fennel velouté and brown shrimp
- Rosemary and butter roast breast of Cotswold white chicken, potato gratin, caramelised white onion
and sage puree, roast winter greens, thyme and red wine sauce
- Slow braised beef, truffle mash, sticky glazed parsnip, buttered kale, red wine sauce
- Lancashire bomb cheese soufflé, cauliflower velouté & pine nut dressing
- Spinach, lemon and garlic penne rigate with torn burrata
- Valrhona chocolate torte, passion fruit curd, mango and passion fruit confit
- Mont Blanc tart, roast chestnut puree, spiced apricot, hazelnut, meringue and candied chestnuts
- Pear, cinnamon, vanilla panna cotta chocolate shell
- Blackberry set cream, lemon thyme and caramelised puff pastry, dark chocolate crumbs
If you are looking to cater for an Event, Dinner Party or Holiday then get in touch with us today to find out more.
"Andy is a Legend. We messaged him in less than 48 hours and he came to ours. Eight types canapés. Four course meal and he made his own bread and truffle butter. Seriously phenomenal. His efforts to communicate are quick. Dino the waiter is fantastic and such eye to detail. Seriously a great night!
Will definitely have both back!"
"Andy is fast and direct with his email responses. He goes through and helps what’s best suited for me. The food and the presentation is beautiful and his close attention to detail. He comes and leaves the kitchen cleaner than he got it. Cannot recommend Andy's services more than saying Book Him!
You will not be disappointed"
Eric Ankela. House Manager
"Andrew is a master of his craft and is well versed working in formal and informal VIP
settings. Andrew’s skill set covers all areas of the kitchen, a natural leader who
encourages others to excel. This role wass practically demanding with
frequent dinner parties often with little notice, a large number of staff and security to
cater for also."
Paul Gallagher Chef by Design